Friday, February 23, 2007

Yes, sir, I am certainly certifiable

Being a moden software developer means that one is periodically faced with the cruical facts of not having executed any of the planned post graduation examns. Following yet another follow-up meeting with my nearest manager I decided to work on becoming a Microsoft Certified Programmer; and voila today I took the test in 90 minutes (guestimated to take 180 minutes) and received a printed copy which states that I passed.

And what's the point of this rant? Well, I don't know; I guess I'm just in a good mood. My total incubation time from starting the prepation of the test till the final day was 5 working days with a total of 2 hours of study per day. The study consisted mainly of a Transcender test-cd (which is far more recommendable than those printed study guides out there!).

After the test I drove a colleague home and started a journey in the snow. A trip that normally takes ~40 minutes took my 150 minutes today -- all because of bad drivers (or the unexpected amounts of snow). When I got home I filmed this short clip with my cell phone:



Over and out,
Rasmus Kaae, Msc C.S. + MCP!

No comments: